Friday, 5 April 2013
The Working Archive is a year-long archive awareness campaign for Scotland that is launching today.
- Contribute right away by emailing us stories about working lives from your archive or about how you are making your collections work for their owners and users. We’ll showcase some of these in a campaign blog during 2013-14.
- Send us images about Scotland’s working past for inclusion in our gallery. Send images to the SCA along with a short caption and a note of the provenance as it should appear – and we’ll do the rest.
- If you are on flickr and have suitable images that reflect Scotland's working past uploaded there then simply add the tag "working archive" to them and they'll appear like this:
Thursday, 28 February 2013
Monday, 25 February 2013
2012 marked the second year of implementation for the National Strategy for Business Archives in Scotland. To celebrate this we have prepared the following infographic to highlight some of our achievements in our second year.
You can download a pdf version of of the 2012 Review to see it in more detail. The image is taken from the records of Scotts Shipbuilding Co. Ltd (GD323/3/12/6) held by Glasgow University Archive Services under charge and superintendence of the Keeper of the Records of Scotland.
- Information about the implementation group, its members and meeting notes is available on the business archives section of the SCA website.
- Our case studies are all available online and we plan to continue to publish more in 2013.
- The resources that we have created and/or published can be found in the resources section of the website.
- The results of the Data Mapping Project were published in August 2012 and you can read the report with detailed information about the project, its methodology, and links to online resource here.
Wednesday, 23 January 2013
To find out more please download the flyer with a booking form. Proceedings of last year’s event are also available to download.